Energy Tax Credit FAQ
- What are the key tax credit benefits for home improvement projects?
Several important changes have improved the tax credit program for home improvements!
- The eligible period has been extended! Qualifying products must be placed in services from January 1, 2009 through December 31, 2010.
- The tax credit has been raised from 10% to 30% for qualifying products.
- The maximum credit has been increased from $500 to $1500 for the two eligible years (2009-2010).
2. What Alpine products are eligible for the tax credit?
Alpine Windows offer a complete line of energy tax credit qualifying product. From windows to patio doors – we’ve got you covered!
3. What other qualifications exist?
- The products must be purchased for and installed in the taxpayer’s principal residence.
- For record-keeping, save your receipts, Manufacturer Certificates, and ENERGY STAR labels from your windows.
- Improvements made in 2009 will be claimed on your 2009 taxes (filed by April 15, 2010).
- If you are building a new home, the tax credit is not applicable for windows, doors, insulation or roofs.
4. Where can I find additional information?